High Level Forum on the
JULY 9-10, 2019
To explore the themes outlined for the first-ever Silver Economy Forum, a robust agenda of talks, presentations, and panel discussions offered new perspectives and powerful ideas for the emerging Silver Economy.
- Opening Statements
- The New Silver Future
- Address by Christine Lagarde, Managing Director of the IMF
- The Silver Economy as a Driver of Sustainable Economic Growth
- Anticipating Longevity: Sustainable Financing Models
- Innovation for Healthy Aging
- How the Silver Economy Drives Health System Change
- Prevention and Well-Being as We Age
- Technology and Policy: Driving the New Wave of Health, Aging & Innovation
- Cities Fostering Active and Healthy Aging
- How Trust and Elder Contributions Shape the Society
- Key Messages of Day One
- The Silver Economy in Action
- Address by José Ángel Gurria, Secretary General of the OECD
- Demographics, Macroeconomic Trends & Economic Policies
- The New World of Work
- International Collaboration to Stop Alzheimer’s by 2025
- Changing Market Needs & Your Aging Strategy
- Reframing Aging: When Old Isn’t Old Anymore
- Advocating the Next Steps for the Silver Policies
Throughout the two days, we interacted with our audience, live and online, and asked for their views on important topics. Link to the questions below to see their responses:
1. To what age do you expect to live? To what age do you expect to live in good health?
2. Where would you direct research funding related to the silver economy? What would you spend the funding on?
3. What is most needed to create age-friendly cities and communities?
4. In preparing for the Decade of Healthy Aging, with whom will your organization work more closely?